The WSIB's NEER Program
What is NEER?
- WSIB program that stands for "New Experimental Experience Rating"
- NEER is a cost driven plan, linked to prevention and effective Return to Work for injured employees
- It is a retrospective plan that redistributes premiums within each rate group via refunds and surcharges
What Our Customers Say...
"Anna, please find attached our NEER statement and to our delight, you were almost bang on with the rebate dollar value! Thank you for all of your help!!!!!"
"We have had great success working with Clear Path. Anna is definitely a "WSIB guru" and has great claims management strategies."
"Clear Path conveyed some important messages to our employees and supervisors about the importance of Return-to-Work, not only for our company ($) but for all parties, including the injured worker."
How it Works
- Employers pay a premium each year based on every $100 of payroll
- The WSIB estimates how much your company's claim costs will be each year (known as "expected costs")
- Actual costs are compared to the "expected costs" after the year has closed
- Companies receive a refund for the period if their actual costs are less than the expected costs or are required to pay a surcharge if they have exceeded them
- Claim costs are charged to the year in which the accident occurred
- Companies receive quarterly updates on their forecasted costs to date and each fiscal year ends with the September NEER statement (which typically arrives mid-November)
- Employers also receive Monthly Cost Statements
How To Reduce NEER Costs
- Prevent workplace accidents
- Have an effective formal Health & Safety program
- Return injured employees back to regular or modified duties in a timely manner
- Pursue SIEF cost relief as appropriate
- Object to suspicious claims and unfavourable WSIB decisions
How Clear Path Can Help:
Complimentary NEER Review
Clear Path offers a free, no-obligation review of your most recent NEER statement by our NEER specialists for new customers.
We will provide you with a written report that recommends cost-saving actions and forecasts your WSIB claim costs for the year.
Contact us to get started.