You will soon be receiving your September 2012 NEER statement from the WSIB and if you're like most employers, you'll find the report (and the entire NEER program) quite complicated and difficult to understand.
Well today is your lucky day! Two of Clear Path's WSIB Claims Managers who work with NEER on a daily basis, Josie Martiniello andJennifer Wright-Tahiraj, have shared their expertise on what you need to know about NEER statements, the steps you should take when you received them and tips on what you should look out for.
1. What is a NEER statement? Why is it important?
2. How do you read your NEER statements?The first page provides you with the details of your company such as:
The second page lists all employees who have sustained an injury and received benefits from WSIB within the past four years by claim year and includes:
3. What should you do once you receive your NEER statement?Josie says the first thing you should do is check your performance index. Your performance index is calculated based on your expected cost and NEER cost ratio:
*A reminder from the experts, "Mistakes do happen and you should always check that the employees listed work for your company at the time of their accident and are in the right rate group."
4. What are things you should look out for when reviewing your NEER statements?
FYI: At Clear Path our claims managers and medical consultants can assist you to combine the medical information and WSIB policy to support your request for SIEF cost relief.
5. How do you avoid high NEER costs on your NEER statement?
But how can you be preventive?
A great tip to reduce your future NEER cost is to return workers to work before December 31stso there are no active claims at the beginning of the next year. Specifically, the worker must receive at least one paycheque before the December 31st deadline for this to apply.
6. Last question. What happens if you continue to ignore your NEER statements?
Want to learn more about NEER and the WSIB?
Clear Path offers informative, hands-on workshops that will help you develop a much deeper understanding of the WSIB's NEER program and discover strategies for reducing your WSIB claim costs.
Upcoming Sessions include:
Demystifying the WSIB's NEER Program (our most popular learning session)
If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at Clear Path. You can reach us at 519-624-0800 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'd love to connect with you!
Learn how Clear Path can help you manage your HR and Claims Management challenges
Clear Path Employer Services
295 Thompson Drive, Unit 2
Cambridge, Ontario N1T 2B9
T: (519) 624-0800
T: (888) 336-0950
F: (519) 624-0860
Website created by:
Hear More About Us:
Spread the Word: