Real-world proof that you should always be checking:
Clear Path recently received a decision at an ARO Appeal resulting in 6 months of Loss of Earnings (LOE) benefits being denied on a client’s claim, in addition to 50% SIEF cost relief we had already acquired on the same claim.
Checking the customer’s monthly cost statement, we discovered that the SIEF was applied correctly but that the LOE had not been removed. With a bit more investigation, we discovered from the WSIB Case manager that the Appeals decision from the ARO had not been referred to the implementation team. Someone at the WSIB had “dropped the ball” and without our follow-up this mistake may never have been found – which would have resulted in significant costs for the employer.
Here are a few things to watch out for:
1. Ensure any SIEF cost relief has been applied properly.
2. Ensure that any LOE that has been denied is actually removed on your next statement.
3. Keep an eye on when a Non-Economic Loss (NEL) award is actually paid out.
4. Notice if costs for a claim allowed as a REO have gone onto a new claim in error.
5. Ensure old claims are not re-activated without you knowing.
6. Physiotherapist or other healthcare costs that continue when a claim is closed
Want to learn more?
Come out to one of our upcoming NEER sessions to find out what to look for (offered in both Introductory and Advanced levels). If you can’t make a session, call one of our friendly consultants who will help you make sure that you are not missing any costs savings! We can be reached at (519) 624-0800.
Related blog posts:
We'd love to connect with you!
Learn how Clear Path can help you manage your HR and Claims Management needs!
Clear Path Employer Services
295 Thompson Drive, Unit 2
Cambridge, Ontario N1T 2B9
T: (519) 624-0800
T: (888) 336-0950
F: (519) 624-0860
Website created by:
Hear More About Us:
Spread the Word: