1. Review of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act
Public consultations will be held between March 18 and April 22, 2014 both in person and online. Individual comments or written submissions are also being accepted until June 1, 2014. Click here for more information.
2. Review of the Accessible Customer Service Standard
The first accessibility standard to be made into regulation under the AODA was the Customer Service Standard. Upon review, the Standards Development Committee developed initial proposed changes and is now seeking public input prior to finalizing its recommendations to the government. That's where you come in.
- Class structure of organizations based on number of employees
- Policies, practices, and procedures
- Service animals
- Support persons
- Feedback processes
- Notice of availability and format of documents
Please see the Ministry website for a full breakdown of these proposed amendments:
Public feedback on the proposed revised Customer Service Standard will be accepted from March 3 to April 16, 2014 and can be provided online at ontario.ca/AccessON.
Need Help With Compliance? Integrated Standards DIY Package
- A spreadsheet outlining all requirements and compliance dates.
- Clear Path’s easy-to-use Workplace Accessibility Tool
- Templates for Multi-Year Accessibility Plans, Job Applications, FAF requests, Accommodation Plans, and RTW Plans.
- A customizable policy statement of your company’s commitment to make accessibility a part of your employment, information and communication, and transportation initiatives.
- PowerPoint presentation to train your supervisors and managers on AODA that you can customize to include specific issues faced by your organization.
- Feedback Process Samples that you can customize to fit your company’s process for providing and obtaining feedback.
- Up to 1 hour of telephone or e-mail support from a Clear Path Consultant to review your materials and answer your questions. If you wish, this time can be allocated to having Clear Path provide AODA training to your employees.
Check out our webpage to learn more about the Integrated Standards DIY package or to place an order: www.clearpathemployer.com/aoda-diy-package